when home is no home

This year has been the most nomad year in my life.
In April I moved to live in Paris and ever since I have moved in to and out of Parisian flats for 7 times. The 8th is there to come in a month.

Every normal person would go crazy with such a dynamics of life. It is true that madness in this state is tempting, but there is another side to that too. Humans as we are, we are the most adaptive species of all. So first of all I adapt. Second of all I like the action of moving. It kicks you out of bed and makes you go and challenge yourself. Third of all I like to invade new spaces and become a part of it. Every new place has it's own angles, corners, shells that are being filled with my little belongings. Every new place is a new riddle starting where do I find a cup, how the oven works and where is the closest metro, bank, post office, shop, bar. It keeps your eyes open and brain stirring.
Perhaps I have already lost that "normal" feeling of home, because I feel home everywhere I come from the first to the last day when I pack and unpack my red luggage. And yes, half of me is going crazy for not having "normal" home, but at the same time another half is calm to have found the another concept of home which is not defined by walls, coffee cups or location. The concept of home that comes from inside you, that you radiate to place.

10ieme

Levallois
11ieme
5ieme
18ieme
19ieme
20ieme


No comments:

Post a Comment