to spank the sparkle of Paris

Unedited history of Paris.
I like to bring people to the north of Paris. I like to add this component to their  romantic image of the capital of culture, fashion and gastronomy. The multicolored billboards, all type of glittering wedding clothes, African beauty salons, roasted corns wrapped in folio, local markets full of nothing and everything, police patrols, kebab and crepes behind one counter. For me, from a town of Panevezys, it is the whole new universe that opens up. It spins, it smells, it shouts, it sings, it whistles, it scares, it attracts and it gets me lost. And when I look around I have a feeling we all here are sort of lost, sort of alone, sort of unknown. There lies certain beauty in it. Beauty of unity in chaos, beauty of being that no one with everyone.

No surprise that after hours spent outside walking in Paris you find yourself blankly staring at the white wall to digest all these 5000 faces that your mind encountered today.
Stay in peace, Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment